Darwin: Stroke Scientific Meeting

I was very pleased that work sponsored myself and Consultant Physician Suzana to attend the 24th Stroke Society Scientific Meeting in Darwin.  We flew up on Tuesday and returned in the wee hours on Saturday morning.  We managed to pack in 3 full days on scientific information as well as some social activities.

 This was the desert bar at the Seafood smorgasbord on Tuesday evening with Suzana's friend Mary.

 Wednesday evening saw us enjoying an NT sunset at the Sailing Club.

fter that we ha Thursday evening we fitted in both a trip to Mindil Beach markets and enjoyed another spectacular sunset.
 After that we enjoyed a delicious dinner and some great company with some colleagues from WA at Pee Wees on the Point
Here I am at the waterfront where the convention centre is located.

Then on Friday I caught up with cousin Julie and her beau Gerd on their yacht Kestrel II.  the we had a magnificent dinner at a greek restaurant.

It was an exhausting few days away and my brain was very full when we left.  I took all day Saturday to recover.

Comments