The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society

The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society

At Madeline's Tea Salon, the cosy hub of the Avalon community, six women find their memories are shaping their future. Here you'll meet Connie Colls, fiercely independent and full of promise longing for a past she's never had, Bettie Shelton, the founder and president of the Avalon Scrapbooking Society and Ava Catalina whose hurting past won't leave her yet. There's also Isabel Kidd, still paralysed by the consequences of her late husband's love affair, Yvonne Tate and Frances Latham who both have demons of their own. The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society is a poignant and heartwarming story, celebrating the friendship of six women born from their love of scrapbooking. As their memories are preserved and the dreams of both their pasts and presents are shared, surprising truths are revealed. 


When my friend Jaki blogged this a great read and a follow on from Friendship Bread (which I read in February) I jumped online and ordered it from the library.  I was a little anxious when I collected it last Tuesday as it is new and popular, so I knew that I would only have 2 weeks to read it without a chance to renew.  So I decided that really housework is very overrated )sleeping in an inconvenience too at times).  I finished it this morning.  I really enjoyed it.  

I have previously said that I won't be getting into scrapbooking, but there certainly some suggestions in this bookl that are very appealing!  Who knows :)

Comments

  1. Yep! Totally agree about the housework and sleeping.
    I always love the chance to see what characters get up to after the first book ends, and I loved the way they portrayed scrapbooking as memory keeping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was here as well...waiting for the tree man to arrive...but it is raining so he might not come ...so might have to do my own stint of reading...now why is your font size so small...how do we make that bigger while using safari??Love Dale :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need to adjust your settings. I will send you a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment